"Most of the limits in life are self-imposed."
Annette Rubin, Certified Professional Coach and founder of Coaching to Potential, believes that challenges are opportunities for growth. She is a strategic partner, passionate about helping others create their own success, guide their own development, and become dynamic leaders. Her exceptional combination of passion, interpersonal skills, and management expertise have made her an outstanding nonprofit leader and coach.
Annette received her professional coach certification (CPC) through the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC). She is also certified as an Energy Leadership Index™ (ELI) Master Practitioner. ELI is an attitudinal assessment that identifies current leadership perspectives and actions, analyzes their effectiveness, and provides tools and strategies to overcome obstacles to success. Annette also has received certification as a health coach from the Villanova University College of Nursing.
Annette holds a Master's Degree in City and Regional Planning from Rutgers University Graduate School of Urban Planning and Policy Development, a Bachelor's Degree from Clark University and was a Fulbright Scholar in Mexico. She speaks fluent Spanish.
Annette’s successful coaching techniques are based on more than 20 years of nonprofit leadership experience. She has provided direction and motivation to clients, employees, partners, and colleagues and has increased the scope and impact of several organizations in the following positions:
Director, Cardiovascular Wellness Center at Brigham and Women's Hospital, 2010-2014
- Developed and led the center, providing vital, community-based programming to underserved women, in order to prevent chronic disease
- Created and implemented ClimbCorps, the first service corps in the nation focused on heart health
Executive Director, Boston Children’s Chorus, 2005-2010
- Transformed the organization from a newly formed start-up with huge potential to an impactful, innovative, and internationally renowned organization.
President, Executive Service Corps of New England, 1997-2005
- Led organization providing consulting services to nonprofits through a period of extensive growth, restructuring, and expansion into new markets.
Project Bread/Walk for Hunger, Deputy Director and Interim Executive Director, 1988-1997
- Established and implemented all new programmatic initiatives while growing and developing existing projects at the premier nonprofit organization addressing hunger and poverty in Massachusetts.
Annette resides in Boston, Massachusetts, where she enjoys singing and playing guitar with her husband and friends. She travels widely throughout the country and the world, visiting her four grown children and learning about new places and cultures. She is fluent in Spanish and has lived in Chile and Mexico. Annette loves reading, running, and kayaking.
Annette is also a certified health coach. For more information regarding wellness and weight loss please visit Coach-Annette.ichooseoptimalhealth.com.